Kiwi Cheesecake [Gluten-free]
Kiwis are in season! Thank the Lord it's finally Spring, and that the fresh produce is back on the market. For a while now my friend and I have been wanting to bake/cook and share some scrumptious recipes online- along with beautiful photography of our creations! And now is the time. :) We plan to feature one type of produce a month and cook/bake something delicious with it.
So let's make something simple and delicious with kiwis:
Doesn't that look amazing? Mouth-watering?
So when we decided to try this recipe out, we didn't have this "mini cheesecake pan" that was required. So not really knowing what type of pan or baking tool would work well, we decided to test 3 different methods. We used a few small mason jars, a little saucer that acted like a mini pie pan, and a mini-cupcake pan (that was the option that worked out the best- see the spoon picture above? Thats how those turned out, ADORABLE.)
These are the ingredients you will need:
So let's get started!
- 12 tsp graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 kiwis
- Preheat the oven to 350* F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well blended. This will be your crust. (We ended up needing a bit more butter; just enough so you can press the crust firmly together and it keeps its form.)
- Fill into the mini cheese cake pan and press down firmly. (Or use a well-greased mini cupcake pan; a normal cupcake pan may also work.)
- Bake for 5- 7 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese, until light and fluffy. Beat the whipping cream separately until soft peaks form.
- Mix the cheese and whipped cream together . Add the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Fill in, right on top of the baked graham crust and allow to chill for at least 2 - 3 hours.
- Slice the kiwis and place on top.